Articles of Incorporation
Declaration of Restrictions (DOR’s)

Welcome to the Declaration of Restrictions for the Fairfield Harbour community!

Please be sure to review the attached documents and the architectural guidelines (found under the Property Control Committee section below) to understand the do’s and don’ts of living in a planned community.

Answers to questions like….Am I allowed a fence?  Can I have a shed?  Can I have a firepit? Can I keep a boat/trailer/RV on my property? are all found in the DOR’s or architectural guidelines or by of course calling the POA office at 252-633-5500 or emailing us at [email protected].

1. DOR – Master (Click to View)

2. DOR’s for Single-Family Homes (Click to View)

3. DOR’s for Timeshares, Condos, & Townhomes (Click to View)

All timeshares, condos, and townhomes are subject to the DOR Master (For All but 1-7) plus their additional DORs.

General Information (Dues, Forms, Utilities, General Info)

Welcome to Fairfield Harbour!  You will find a great deal of helpful information in the links below such as helpful contact information, utility and trash/recycling schedules, living in a planned community and dues information.

For additional information, please contact the POA office 252-633-5500.

About Our Community (Click to View)

Forms (Click to View)

Living in a community (Click to View)

Harbour Pointe Golf Club and HP Bar & Grille, Pool, Marinas

Harbour Pointe Golf Club – located in the lovely Fairfield Harbour community in New Bern, NC – is a resort-style 18 hole, par 72, 6,577-yard championship course. The course winds golfers through a unique natural setting of picturesque coastal marsh lands while providing a fun yet challenging layout keeping both experienced and novice golfers returning time and again. Harbour Pointe Golf Club has a fully stocked pro shop, grass-tee driving range, putting/chipping green, and two PGA Golf Professionals who offer instruction. The Harbour Pointe Grille is open to the public daily from 8am – 3pm. It has an appealing menu with great options for both breakfast and lunch. It’s a great place to grab a cold beverage, and talk about your fun day on the course!

Click here to learn more about the Harbour Pointe Golf Club and all it has to offer!  Book your tee time or dinner reservation today!

2021 Harbour Pointe Golf Club (Click to View)

Harbour Pointe Bar and Grille Menus (Click to View)

Join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner!  You won’t be disappointed.

Open for breakfast Wednesday – Saturday 7:30am – 10:30am

Open for lunch Wednesday – Sunday 11:00am – 2:30pm

Open for dinner Wednesday – Sunday 5 – 9pm (reservation only)

CALL 252-638-5338 x 4

History of Fairfield Harbour

History of Fairfield Harbour (Click to View)

1987 Movie Advertisement (Click to View)

Ancilliary Documents (OBE – reference only) (Click to View)

These documents no longer apply after the Amenity purchase of the 385 acres on December 30, 2016. They are included for historical interest only.

Property Control Committee (PCC Permits)

Fairfield Harbour’s Declarations of Restrictions (DOR’s) require property owners to submit an application for permit for any exterior work or project that will alter the appearance of the property. The Architectural Guidelines and Review Procedures explain the criteria for most projects, along with the forms needed and description of the processes performed by the  Property Control Committee (PCC).

When do you need to submit an application?  Most home improvement projects require a PCC permit. It is recommended that a preliminary application be submitted for comment so that conceptual issues may be resolved and the possibility of a lengthy review period avoided. If a permit is not required, you will be promptly notified. The approved permit ensures proper documentation since the improvement becomes a part of the property’s permanent record. The PCC meets on the second and fourth Thursday’s of the month at 9 AM. Applications are due in the office before noon on the Tuesday preceding the meeting. The PCC has 30 days to review/approve the application and often responds sooner. There is a time limit to complete the work once the permit is issued.  If you are not using a contractor, please include a signed indemnification waiver with your application.

When is a PCC permit required?

  • Removal of any tree over 4″ in diameter (measured 4′ above grade)
  • Residential building
  • Residential small projects (outbuildings, sheds, gazebos, pergolas, house addition, driveway changes, fuel storage tanks, generators, fences, landscaping (terracing, bulkheads, contour changes impacting drainage), play equipment, swimming pools, windows & doors, siding, painting, roof, deck addition or changing site of existing deck)
  • Waterfront (bulkhead repairs, docks, tie poles/pilings, piers, dredging, walkways, floating docks, boat lifts (not allowed), ramps (not allowed), boathouses (not allowed), railways (not allowed)
  • Demolition of structures

There are four types of applications for a permit to be completed and approved before work is started

Architectural Guidelines (Click to View)

A. Tree Removal (Click to View)

Any tree over four (4) inches in diameter requires a permit before being removed. See the permit application for more details.

B. Residential Building (New Construction)(Click to View)

If you are planning to build a home in Fairfield Harbour, this document will be your guideline.

C. Residential Building (Small Project)(Click to View)

Small Projects include a myriad of possibilities including roof repair, additions, siding replacement,sidewalk additions, gazebo alteration, exterior painting, garage door replacement, and anything else affecting the outward appearance of your home or yard.  To reduce printing unneeded pages, please print out the first three (3) pages of the permit along with the pertinent page that describes the project.  Empty pages do not need to be turned in as part of the application.

D. Waterfront Construction (Click to View)

Waterfront construction involves anything on the water – docks, pilings, bulkheads, etc. The Waterfront Regulations and Guidelines available here not only specify what and how projects can be accomplished but outline the minimum specification for materials to ensure commonality and long life. Permits from the state (CAMA) may be required, as well as the PCC, and these are the responsibility of the property owner.

Sub Association Documents
Water Services (CWS/Utilities Inc)